26 March 2009

Masqued

I'm going to find my way through this.

I've got so many things bubbling around in my mind, that I've forgotten what it is I set out to do. I'm at work not doing anything because it's spring break and the office is closed, but mine is open, for some inexplicable reason. So I can get paid, I suppose. I've managed to toy around with the typewriter until it stopped working for me. The killswitch seems to have repaired it for now. I made two cups of tea today because I haven't been feeling all that well. I can't seem to rid myself of this cough, and now I have a sore throat. RICOLA TO THE RESCUE.

My life is quite chaotic right now, although I seem to not be that stressed out about it. Maybe its because I lack the courage to care at the moment.


My office is kind of an odd place, a gathering of all sorts of decorations and themes. There are also some weird wooden frogs, that I've come to admire. It's sort of like this:







There's also this strange piece of artwork that's outside my window. There are a few medium-sized, white stone masks in a small circle. Like faces looking up to the sun, with grass for eyes. Its very strange. I'll snap a picture if I remember.

I really haven't been feeling all that well recently, to tell the truth. I can't figure out if its the bronchitis or if its just me feeling out of sorts because I haven't made any friends since I moved here. I miss Parker and the dinner parties and the dance parties, and random excursions to nowhere to do nothing. Although I suppose all that gets old after a while, as well.

In other news, I'm planning a series of things for the summer. I might try for an internship somewhere, maybe at a publishing house or one of the magazines out here. We'll see. I also have other plans that I'm not quite ready to share with the rest of the world, just yet.

I have more adventures to share that will have to wait until I've finished a few papers and books.

Another fun spring break this year, as usual.

2 comments:

Pedro said...

The Frogs! Oh the Frogs! haha, i feel like whenever you are in the office by yourself, all of these little treasure come to life, and I could see the frogs crooning you with a frank sinatra type of voice and you'd just be sitting there happily eating a cookie.

Sethery said...

Guess who will be in San Fransisco April 25 - 29?

ME!

Hurray!